- Organisers have capped the field to 35,000 in 2013 to ensure a quality experience for all who take part while allowing as many as possible to take part.
- People intending to take part in the event are urged to enter immediately to avoid missing out. Postal entries close on Friday 1 March, 2013 and online entries close on Friday 8 March, 2013 unless already sold out.
- If the maximum number of participants is reached prior to these dates, close of entry will be announced on the website and in the Herald Sun newspaper.
- Race director Steve Moneghetti has stated that the main priority is for the safety and enjoyment of participants and the quality of the event. He said the decision to cap the race at 35,000 participants was fully supported by event partners The Herald & Weekly Times and CityLink and by the event manager Right Angle Events.
- The Herald & Weekly Times has pledged that $31 of each entry fee for the 15km event and $29 of each entry fee for the 6km event would be contributed directly to the Royal Children's Hospital Good Friday Appeal.