Families and friends are encouraged to come along and enjoy the morning, but traffic restrictions will apply and parking will be limited. It will be particularly difficult to enter into the city via Spencer Street and Flinders Street.
It is about a 10-minute walk from the CBD to Kings Domain.
The best viewing areas are as follows:
Start for both events:
- Large grass areas in Queen Victoria Gardens and Alexandra Gardens.
Long Course - on-course viewing:
- Along Harbour Esplanade, Waterfront Promenade in Docklands.
- Along Flinders Street between Queensbridge Street and Swanston Street.
- Along Swanston Street, Princes Bridge and St Kilda Road to the Art Gallery.
Please note that due to road closures, it will be difficult to move around the city to view participants from more than one vantage point.
Short Course - on-course viewing:
- Birrarung Marr Park, Princes Bridge and Queen Victoria Gardens.
Please note that all roads around the Botanic Gardens will be closed. The only exception is Anderson St which will remain open to traffic.